Pour un Plateau Mont-Royal plus habitable!

Visiteur

/ #57

2010-11-27 00:23

It seems that a large number of people, including the merchants association, are forgetting that the citizensof the Plateau voted overwhelmingly for Projet Montréal and their proposals, and so it should be the citizens' concerns that are first addressed by any pertinent portion of the city administration.

Strangely, the merchants' association believes that our neighbourhood's economic security is somehow bolstered by having the air polluted and the streets jammed and made dangerous by aggressive drivers who won't be able to find parking anyway, no matter how much it costs. Funny, I'd think that those qualities would drive people away, not encourage them to shop. Keeping both the current price of parking and traffic levels won't make their businesses flourish any more than they already are (or are not).

Additionally, local merchants are now shooting themselves in both feet by arguing with their neighbours and potential clientelle. Do you think I'm going to shop where the merchants are actively lobbying against what I voted for? And with lies? Yeah, sure I'm going to trust that merchant now...

As for the bus service, that of the 55 and its corresponding night bus, would be vastly improved if there were considerably less traffic blocking the street at all hours of the day and night. Same deal on avenue du Parc, St-Denis, and Mt-Royal, but it's a particularly pronounced problem on St-Laurent and has been for a very very long time